Basic Components of a Computer
The Main Parts of the computer system are:
- Physical components of the computer that can be touched.
- The computer comprises several interconnected devices.
- Hardware may be either internal or external
- Internal Hardware refers to the physical components inside a computer such as RAM, Processor, harddrive, Motherboard, SMPS etc.
- External Hardware refers to devices that are connected to the outside of the computer such as a monitor, printer, scanner, mouse, keyboard, speaker etc
- Also known as peripheral devices.
- Set of the instructions that tell the computer what to do.
- Software is also referred as a program.
- Software exists for computer itself to manage and contol its resourses and also for the user to perform a spefic task such as creating a document.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Windows Operating System
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Bits of information or raw collection of facts that by themselves don’t make any sense to the user.
- Computer organize and prevent Data.
- The person who operates the computer is the user
- Even a completly autonomous computer is dependent on the user for installation of programs
Information Processing Cycle
Steps involved in Processing Data
Computer Gets input by input device like Keyboard, Mouse, and others and processing with help of CPU ( Central processing unit ) and provides output using output devices such as Monitors and Printers, etc., and stores processed data using Harddisk called SSD.